A helpful way of conceptualization of all-inclusive, large-scale displays is to design visually. Creating a canvas and filling it in with desired elements can help you decide if what you are building just sounds cool or will actually contain elements that play well with each other.
Here are some tips on how to design a clean, impactful lighting display that is sure to leave your viewers with a sense of awe and wonder.
- Photograph your display space for initial layout planning
- Getting an actual visual representation of your space will help tremendously with your layout. The ability to see how elements will look in your space is crucial when starting your display planning.
- Make a plan of attack
- What needs to be lit up in your space? Are you trying to solely accent a building? Do you want to fill out a large, open area? Are you looking for a large-scale display designed for maximum visual impact? Defining what you want to accomplish before looking at products will save you a lot of time during your design phase.
- Start designing
- Your display space photograph is your blank canvas. Start adding elements you think you want to incorporate to your photo. You can do this with a number of programs on a computer, or you can simply print your photo and draw onto it directly.
- Keep it clean
- Be mindful when selecting elements for your display. Pick pieces that fit your plan of attack and don’t compete with each other.
- Think in the 3rd dimension
- There are definitely applications where a two-dimensional “flat design” makes sense – like building facades or entrances to events – but moving elements into the 3rd dimension can create a layer of dynamics that can push your display into the pro arena. Pieces like Singing Characters, Mega Trees, Mini Trees, and Leaping Arches can be used strategically to fill out the foreground of your display space without competing with your background elements.
- Talk to the professionals
- Get your materials from a reputable source. There are a lot of products on the market that may look great in pictures but don’t hold up in real-life scenarios. All of the products offered through Jolt Lighting are vigorously tested for function, quality and durability. We also stand behind our products and services and provide an unsurpassed level of customer service to make sure that you get exactly what you wanted while initially planning your display.
If you get stuck on what to do with your design, or you’re not sure what types of elements actually play well with each other, give us a shout!
Here at Jolt Lighting, we have over 15 years of lighting display design and installation experience, and can help you figure out the best way to approach your specific application. We can cover all of the above steps for you so you don’t have to think about anything other than enjoying your display.
Give us a call or shoot us an email to talk about how we can partner with you to make your display as clean and impactful as possible! email@example.com